VISIT THE LANGUEDOC ROUSSILLON
Lands of history and nature, the Pyrenees-Orientales are a true open-air museum. With their string of bell towers and religious buildings, the towns near Torreilles have retained the charm and power of the Catalan culture. In terms of nature, the Pyrenean landscapes offer a unique spectacle where sea and mountains are one. From the La Palmeraie campsite, you can take the roads and paths of Occitania on foot, by bike, by car or on horseback. Each visit you make gives you the chance to discover the richness of the Catalan heritage. This tourist region has everything laid out for an unforgettable Occitania experience for young and old.
SUN, MEDITERRANEAN AND PYRENEES
La Palmeraie campsite in Torreilles is the ideal starting point for excursions of exploration.The Catalan coastline alternates between fine sandy beaches, magical coves and small charming ports. Banyuls, Collioure and Argelès-sur-Mer are all must-see stops on your walks in the sunshine.
Looking inland, take the chance to explore the majestic Massif des Albères. Many animal and plant species, some of them rare, can be seen in the coastal nature reserves. The underwater Cerbère-Banyuls Marine Reserve can be visited by swimming above it on the surface of the water. A mask and a snorkel are enough to appreciate the richness of the underwater biodiversity.
On foot, by car or by bike, walk along the Canal du Midi, climb to the top of the Pic du Canigou and take a moment to relax at the lac des Bouillouses.
CULTURE, HISTORY AND HERITAGE
Embark on a wonderful journey back in time in the four corners of the Pyrénées-Orientales. Stroll through the narrow streets of typical villages, interact with the friendly locals and discover the cultural wealth of Occitania.
Explore the Romanesque chapel of Juhègues not far from the La Palmeraie campsite. In Torreilles, visit the Maison Secall, dedicated to the art of Catalan mosaic. The historical monuments and museums of Perpignan and Narbonne fascinate young and old alike.
The 52 towers spread along the 3 km of ramparts of Carcassonne plunge you into its medieval atmosphere. The tourist office offers guided tours and workshops for children to reveal the secrets of the city.
ACTIVITIES CLOSE TO THE CAMPSITE
Many tourist spots are but a few minutes away from your mobile home. Many businesses at Torreilles-Plage look to share their passion with you and offer original activities for the whole family. Just 1 km from the La Palmeraie campsite you will find:
- sea trips and introduction to scuba diving;
- sailing and windsurfing classes;
- canoe and kayak rentals;
- jet-ski rental;
- waterskiing trips;
- pedal boat rental.
An equestrian centre 3 km from your mobile home offers horse riding.
For afternoons of laziness and sand castles, head to the beaches of Torreilles. These Pavillon Bleu (Blue Flag) beaches are a symbol of the policy to raise awareness of environmental preservation.
LA PALMERAIE CAMPSITE PARTNERS
Take advantage of your stay at the La Palmeraie campsite to try out new activities. In order to help you choose from the different offers available in Occitania, our campsite has set up several partnerships.
- Circuit Jet-Ski: craving a thrill? Try your hand at jet skiing in a 1500 m2 landscaped pool. In a pool adapted to the smallest, children from 3 years upwards can try this unusual sport.
- Frenzy Palace Water Jump: skiing, skateboarding, rollerblading, tubing and even hot jumping will leave you with great memories of the Torreilles Frenzy Palace Water Jump.
- Mini-golf Swing 66: don’t miss the beautiful mini-golf course in Torreilles. Its 18 holes guarantee unforgettable moments with family or friends.
- Base ULM: take to the skies in an ultralight, gyrocopter or helicopter flight. You will have a breathtaking view of the Catalan coast from the air.
- Paintball Factory: challenge your friends to a friendly, sporting battle on the 15,000 m2 terrain of the Paintball Factory in Torreilles.
- AeroJump Sensation: young and old take off to perform acrobatic tricks with the Aero-Jump Sensation trampolines.
- Randonnée à Vélo: explore the Pyrenees-Orientales on a bike tour. Choose your route and off you go for a family day out.
CULTURAL EVENTS IN ROUSSILLON
During your stay in Torreilles, get moving to the rhythm of traditional celebrations. The must-see events in Occitania include:
- the Catalan boats procession, the nautical games, concerts, bands, dances and sardanas of the Saint-Vincent fêtes in Collioure in August;
- the photos of the world’s greatest journalists displayed at the “Visa pour l’image” Festival in Perpignan at the end of August-beginning of September;
- The “Barques en scène” Festival and its bodegas, street arts and free concerts in Narbonne in August;
- the salsa, flamenco, Occitan music shows and the wandering brass bands of the Feria de Carcassonne at the end of July;
- the La Primavera Spanish Festival to gyrate to the rhythms of flamencos and Sevillanas before enjoying tapas and sangria in Narbonne (early August).
SEE THE WATER PARK OF LA PALMERAIE CAMPSITE